Viva La Raza

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Friends, Food, Fiesta, y Fellowship

      Wow so to begin this I am going to share with the world (or at least a few people) what Emily and I did Friday night. Please do not judge us (I have a friend...HE is a pretty big deal & doesn't like people judging others). Okay so Friday is the youth cell group. Alex led the group and we talked about God (what do you know!) and it was great. We visualized what we hear, smell, see, etc. when we see God, drew that picture(s) and found scripture that kind of explained what we thought. It was neat to get it down on paper. Then after the lesson all of us (there was like 10 of us there) ate cake because it was one of the girls birthday & then talked/laughed. (p.s. they all picked on me a lot...I think they really like me).

       After that me and Emily decided to be wild and crazy and just walk somewhere & see where the wind would take us. It took us about 30 minutes away from the house. We were just walking then high-fived each other & decided to walk back to the house since it started to rain a little bit (yes we live on the edge). Then all of a sudden we had a hankerin' for some tacos. Of course I was not opposed to this, so we walked in the rain back towards our house & stopped at a taco stand, but WAIT it does not end there. We ate tacos and THEN, EMILY (although she denies this & will probably write lies on here and/or on her blog) said that she could go for more tacos, then I said haha we should go to another taco stand (I was just joking) AND what do you know she said that she wasn't opposed to that idea! Sooo we paid, walked a little more & ate at another taco stand. That's the story, and it was funny to us. Like I said don't judge us. :)

      When we arrived home (like I said we walked in the rain) we were soaked! We didn't want Morelia to see that we were wet because she would get upset (she...well, Mexicans in general say that if you are out in the rain, get your feet wet & cold, etc. you get sick...I'm not going to lie, I believe some of it.... but then again I am one of them). We snuck in without Morelia seeing us, even though we walked straight past her, changed into dry clothes and greeted her. :) 

       Later that night I called my mom and she ended up talking to Morelia! That was really cool, and my grandma got to talk to her as well! How cool is that... that my family is in another country, but they were able to meet one of the people I live with! I know that that was an encouragement for both my family & Morelia to speak to each other & know that they are each in each others thoughts and prayers. Plus I know my grandma felt better hearing Morelia's kind voice & know that I am safe & sound. (Oh my family speaks Spanish if you didn't know... I mean I do too... but not super great... I understand pretty much all of it though). :) 

      After Morelia talked to my familia she just started pouring out a part of her heart and life to us. She talked about children, and especially her granddaughter, Fernanda, that lives with them. She told us all about before & when she was born, and situations with her mother (Coco) and just revealed tons of stuff to us that was super personal. I know I'm being kind of vague about this, but we talked for over an hour and that's too much to fit on here. I feel like I, and my family, can relate to certain situations from Morelia's past & present. It's hard to explain without telling you all about my life. So we'll just live it at that. It was really nice to spend quality time with Morelia. She shows me Christ each time she speaks, and has such amazing trust & faith in him. She is open & is willing to be vulnerable. She loves Christ & wants everyone to know it, and love him too. I hope every person meets a Morelia one day.

        Okay, changing topics... yesterday was Sara's birthday! We had a surprise party for her at the office of Nestor & Jeovel (they are brothers, attend the church, and are cheaters at spoons). There were a little over 30 people probably. She acted surprised,  but she kind of knew that we were going to do something. We had so much fun. We ate these wonderful things called tingas, cake, chocolate fountain, and played spoons. By the way I played spoons with about 12 people (without trampas = cheating). It was down to me and preacher Sam & guess who won... ME! I felt pretty good about beating the preacher man. Hehe. :) 

     After the fiesta for Sara we went home and watched a movie with our mom, Morelia. We watched La Misma Luna (which is a FABULOUS movie about a little boy who crosses the border illegally to go find his mother, who is in the U.S. illegally trying to provide a better life for her son...it's a good one). Morelia enjoyed the movie then to bed we went to get some sleep for church.

      I sang on the praise team again today. We sounded pretty good if I may say so myself. Oh man, and Aldo (the leader) asked me to read some scripture during our singing. I was pretty nervous because it was a few verses with some big Spanish words but I didn't really mess up! :) Sam preached with tons of passion as usual, and the service was great! After church we ate with our family, washed the dishes, did a Bible study, and took a nap! I love Sunday naps! Then we walked, went to Starbucks, and I am now at Sara's house finishing this blog & about to call my lovely mother.

      Well, I'm going to call my mom now. I hope you enjoyed this post. It was super long though, but I just had a lot to say. :) Anywho... I hope that you have a beautiful day, and that you encounter a person like Morelia...or BE a person like Morelia. Adios! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home