Viva La Raza

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Glance at my Week- Hope it's not too Boring :)



      To let you know that I am doing more that just sitting around eating tacos in Morelia, I am going to tell you what a normal week consists of for me. I know, I know how fun to read my schedule, BUT I promise I'll make it interesting!

      Well, first off our, and when I say our I mean me and the other interns, have our days broken up into 3 parts. Morning (which starts around 10 am in Mexico, don't you wish you were here?!) Afternoon, and Evening. As interns we need to have two of those blocks filled, and one section can be used as rest/chill time. We are focused on getting to know that members of the cell groups more (it's a cell based church), and forming relationships with them. 

      Monday is our free day, or dia libre. The week passes by so much faster with a free day on Monday. I think ACU should look into Monday's off. I think students would enjoy their education more. On Tuesdays we go to a ladies cell group with Morelia (she's the mom of the house we live in, yes she's named after the city I am in). We've met some wonderful women in that cell. Quick story... Estella, one of the cell members, told me and Emily that we are going to be the mother's of her grandchildren. She has twin sons so she already fixed me and Emily up, but so did all the other ladies. 

      Anywho, on Wednesdays we have prayer time in the morning, and when I say morning I mean 10 am at the church office. The interns, Sara, Sandy (church office secretary), and Yoli (the sweetest Jesus lovin' lady you could ever meet), and whoever else (it kind of varies) pray for an hour+. We give requests and just have a time of prayer to "have a little talk with Jesus" (like the song...ok maybe you haven't heard it, but its good). Then in the evenings one the interns goes to Sam's (the preacher) cell group, and we switch out every Wednesday.

      Hope you aren't bored, I'm almost done. I just want you to know some of my coming and going throughout the week. Plus I want you to know (Krueger) that this isn't a vacation. I am actually doing stuff!! :) 

      Anywho, Thursdays we have an intern meeting just to see how we are doing. What's good, bad, cool, frustrating. Just everything to have an evaluation of how we are and what we are up to. Then we have a Beth Moore Bible study at Sara's house with Ann (Sam's wife), me, Beth, and Emily. I'm really excited about the study and hoping to learn a thing or two. Then we usually have a LST Party/Fiesta. LST is Let's Start Talking which is a program where people go to various countries and teach English by using the Bible. Those Fiesta's usually involve yummy snacks and fun games. 

      Friday's we have youth cell. This past Friday we had youth cell in
 el Centro de Morelia, where the Cathedral is. Alex (one of the interns, he's male... I haven't really mentioned him... sorry Alex, but you don't live with us gals...he's a grad student at ACU for missions... he also gets jealous of us girls for doing fun things with out him...teehee:)) he led the cell by creating a scavenger hunt in the centro. It was sooo much fun! We climbed trees, looked for graffiti, ate buildings, and I danced with an old Mexican man. Maybe I'll put some picks up so you can see. Finally, Saturdays is more open to figure out something to do, and Sundays is church. 

      I know my week may not sound exhilarating to you, but trust me it is busy and wonderful. I love being with the interns and Sara. I just love them all! So next time I write I will actually go into more detail of what I am doing in Mexico instead of this overview! :) I hope you have a super day! Adios! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home