Viva La Raza

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm a Big Snot Face

         So I've been avoiding this for one week and two days, so with the encouragement of my fellow colleagues (not really that just sounded cool) I decided to share my experience with you, my lovely reader, of my "aventura" (adventure in Spanish) in Morelia, Mexico. 

        I could begin with day one and the plane ride, or Beth arriving late because of delays, or the wonderful family we're staying with, or me and Emily saying every second "We're in Mexico", or talk about the 235703849652038940 tacos I have eaten, but I am not. If you would like to know what I did the first week in Mexico please look at Emily Jorgenson's blog http://comesediceready.blogspot.com she's is my roommate by the way. She attends ACU and is from Colorado. She's funny and makes me laugh. You can also read Beth Kazinsky's blog http://lovecoloredglasses.blogspot.com/. She's pretty nuts about blogging, in a creepy addiction kind of way. She also attends ACU, is a fellow housemate here, and has lovely eyes.

        So I will start with today since I'm not going to backtrack. I mean I probably will eventually talk about everything else but not right now. I'm to busy living life in Mexico to live life in retrospect. Soooo today I was just in a snotty mood. Not like I needed to blow my nose, but in a funky I am tired and hot and I want to take a nap snotty mood. I'm going to skip the part of Ann having her baby, although that is spectacular and a blessing! I am also skipping the part of visiting Sophia's school today with Sam. I know that you have know idea who these people are, but like I said I will eventually backtrack and tell you everything. 

       Anywho... so we have Spanish tutoring from 1:00 until 2:00. On our way there I just got in some sort of mood. I was annoyed that it was taking us so long because the taxi driver didn't exactly know where to go. When we finally got to Centro Noe (where Spanish tutoring takes place) I was such a turd and just handed him the money without a word as I got out of the car. No thank you or anything! I was not any better when I arrived in the classroom. Me, Beth, and Emily were all in the classroom together with our tutors. We continued going through letters of the alphabet and worked on our accents and pronunciations of the letters. Frustration ran through my veins. I was like "why am I going over the alphabet and how to pronounce the letters in Spanish when I already know this!"  Then I started to think how the is a waste of time, and what not. I'm sure you could read my annoyance all over my face. THEN it HIT me.... I am being such a big snot face! Here I am sitting her being a turd when these girls are only doing there best to help me improve my Spanish. I'm over here conveying to them that what they are teaching me is not of importance to me with my attitude, and that is totally not right at all. So I lightened up a bit and tried to act a little bit more positive. I mean for crying out loud I'm going to be a teacher some day and I don't want my students to act and feel like I did! So after that I was much better, and wasn't such a turd face anymore. I mean I wasn't until we got into another taxi, and the driver took the most difficult way home. But I survived and was fine.

      In conclusion of this brief look into my day... I know that I may have days where I am tired and snotty or whatever, but that doesn't give me the right to act unappreciative or rude to others. People matter whether they are the taxi driver or my tutor. I know that not all my days are going to be rainbows and butterflies, but I do need to remember that I am representing Christ morning, noon, and night. Sooo sorry God that I was a snot. I love you and hopefully I'll make you proud tomorrow! :) 

      Adios Amigos!! :)

       


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home