Viva La Raza

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Downhill...not me... my blog posts :)

      Why hello there everybody! Sooo I know that the last post I put up was a Debbie Downer. Think about how I felt! But just so you can know I am much better now. I'm no longer sick (it kind of came & went), and although I miss my family tons tons tons I feel okay in Mexico (I mean after a few tears & talks with my family). :) Enough of that, let me tell you about my week.

      So Sunday Beth left back to the U.S. (miss you Beth). She's alive, well, and most likely enjoying her drive to Michigan in a car with a one-year-old nephew & family(hehe). I on the other hand am still in Mexico eating tons of food (I think I always talk about food,  but it's always around me), and enjoying the relationships that are being built & strengthened. 

      Monday was a fun day. Emily & I were invited to eat breakfast at la casa de (the house of) Betti. Her two youngest dauhgters, Sofia & Ana, invited us to eat at their house because they were going out of town & did not think they were going to see us again before we left. So Monday morning (when I say morning I mean like 10 am) we went over to there house. The girls showed us all of their Brat dolls (when I say all of them I mean ALL of them). We talked about which one was their favorite, the ones with cool hair, and all that jazz. Then Betti talked about a trip she had a year or two ago (to some place I don't remember) and she showed us tons of pictures from her travel. Afterwards we went up to the roof part of the house & took pictures. Before we left Sofi & Ana gave me and Emily a few little gifts to remember them by (they are about 9 & 7 years old). They gave me a miniature, wooden giraffe toy & a necklace that had dolphins all over it. It was sooo super precious. We said our farewells and then we left to go to el centro (where we wrote and mailed tons of postcards...we also went to see Batman that day...it was AMAZING, go see it!!).

      Now we are to Tuesday (I'm not one to give you a play-by-play of my life, so I'll just give you the good stuff). Anywho... Tuesday evening we had cell group with Morelia (our mom here, she leads a group at Josephina's house down the corner where we live) and it went really well. Well, I won't talk about the entire cell time, but I will tell you about the end. There was this woman there named Angelica and at the very end of the lesson she asked me and Emily how are we the way we are. How do we stay away from the night scene (the nightlife is big here for young people, but it's different from the U.S., we can talk about that later) and how did we come to be focused on God & not other things (she has children around our age, so she wanted to hear what we had to say). So both Emily & I responded and I told her that I have a great group of friends who kind of believe what I believe when it concerns God (like we all love him & live for him) and I just try to surround myself with people like that. But I also told her that I wasn't always like that. I used to be friends with people, who although I love dearly, did not lift me up in the right ways. I used to do "bad" stuff & I just decided I didn't want to do that "stuff" anymore. I knew God didn't want me to, and I loved him & my family, and just decided to follow him (I mean it's a longer story, but that's a little something for you). And you know what... she was uplifted & seemed hopeful after me and Emily talked to her! At the very end of cell time when we hugged and were saying goodbye she told me and Emily that we were good examples to her, and it's so refreshing & hopeful to see people our age focusing on God and making good decisions. WOW! That just made me feel so good. I didn't do anything, but tell her a little bit of my story but it made such an impact (woo-hoo for shining Jesus' light)!

      Sooo anywho... that was Tuesday... Wednesday I went to morning prayer (which was great because I had a good time talking to God because he was stirring some stuff in my heart), and then went to Sam's cell group. Sam does such a good job at keeping everyone engaged, involved, and thinking! And today (Thursday) was Women's Bible Study. We had the study at Sam and Ann's because Sara is at the beach with her family. Her sister, bro-in-law, and CUTE nephews came down to visit her. OH! Real quick... today we woke up at 10:21 am. Wanna know what time the Bible study starts...at 10:30. We changed, ate breakfast, and were in the taxi by 10:45. Thank you, thank you. Hopefully I can pull that off when I get back to school!

      Well, I know this post was a bit random and is now going to end abruptly but my brain is kind of in a big mess right now. There is so much I can say & want to say, but it isn't very organized. So instead of rambling like I am and confusing you I am going to get off of here and do something else. Thank you for taking time to read this, and thank you for praying for me while I was sick/homesick. Continue to pray for Emily and I as we are here in Morelia to stay focused and BE HERE. I'll talk to you soon... oooo Sara's birthday is Saturday! What fun... I'm not going to say if we are doing anything for her because she reads this, but I will be sure to tell you next week if anything spectacular occured for her special occasion! Adios! :)

p.s. Are my blog posts going downhill or is it just me? I promise I, as well as my stay here, is way more interesting than what you think. I'll improve... you wait and see! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home