This isn't Riveting
Wow, where to begin? So much has occurred since I last blogged (what else is new). Hmmm? Well, I don't really feel like giving you a play-by-play of each day since the last time I wrote in here because that might be tedious and/or aburrido (boring), so I am going to hit a couple high points of a few cool things that have taken place in Morelia.
So Rick and Jamie Atchley came down from Ft.Worth to visit Rio de Vida (they are great people, and Jamie is PRECIOUS!). Rick is the preacher of Richland Hills Church of Christ (Rio de Vida's supporting church). They arrived Friday evening while Beth, Emily, Alex, and I were at the Guinto's (the Guinto's are a family from the church, OH and Sara was there but she left to see Rick & Jamie). We were playing spoons with them (a fun card game), and let me tell you things were getting a little crazy. I was accused of trampas (cheating) and forming an alliance with Jeovel (the head Guinto in the house). I am not going to deny I was cheating, but I am not going to admit that I was sitting on cards or exchanging cards with Jeovel during the game. God knows my heart, and that's all that matters (tee-hee). :) Oooo and after than they took us out for tacos! YUM!
So in a nutshell, the next days consists of us having a lad
ies lunch at Santitos (OH! Whitney, Alex's girlfriend got here on Saturday morning to surprise him!), going to el mercado/ el centro to check out souvenirs and tour, going to a place called Onix to be on the roof of the building to eat and watch fireworks right next to the cathedral, and going to church and listen to Rick preach in English a great sermon
& Sam translate it wonderfully in Spanish. Let me just say again Rick did a great job preaching. He also preached at another church called Filadefia that we (Rio de Vida) have visited before (because Sam was a guest preacher).
Anywho... Rick & Jamie already left, and you know who else is about to say bonvoyage?... BETH!!! She is leaving this Sunday! That is just so weird to me! She's leaving early bec
ause she was in Oxford all semester so she hasn't really been able to see her family. It is going to be strange now that it is only me and Emily. OH! Sooo once Beth leaves Sunday that means that there will only be 2 weeks left for Emily & I! WHOA! I can't believe time has flown by so fast!
I'll probably be a basket case when I leave here. I don't know if you know th
is, but I'm a pretty emotional person (I get that from my mother). When the time comes for me to end this Mexico adventure I will have been here for two months! That's a long time in a different country I think (well at least for me). Anywho... I won't talk about me leaving, one because that's sad, and two because I need to be focused on now and my time with all these wonderful people!
Well, I know that this blog post wasn't riveting (trust me, I'm rather disappointed in this piece of work), but rest assured that next time I write in here my creative juices will be flowing and it will be compelling (or at least a little more interesting). Thank you for your time, and I love you with all my heart! Adios! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home